Regan's Books

Regan's Books
Reads From Regan Taylor

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Next Big Thing!



Welcome to my next big thing!  

Recently my friend Regina Andrews asked me a few questions about my latest work in progress.  Check out where I'm at with my Bride series! (and read on to win a copy of my latest release, Devil's Details).

What is the working title of your book?

My current work in progress is Traveling Bride, book 3 of my Bride Series.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

When I first wrote Indentured Bride (book 1) I’d intended it as a stand alone story.  As I got to know the secondary characters, particularly Brett’s brother Kendrick and their friend Rick I realized they had stories to tell too. 


I’ve also always been fascinated with the idea of time travel.  Aside from Jude Deveraux Knight in Shining Armor one of my all time favorite movies is Final Countdown starring the USS Nimitz.  In Final Countdown the Nimitz goes back in time to December 6, 1941 and Kirk Douglas, as the captain, has to make a decision about what to do.

I often need to enter a federal building near my job and have business to take care of in the basement.  While down there one day, seeing some of the locked doors my mind started to wander and I began to wonder just what was going on behind those doors.  What if there was a top secret project? What if that project had something to do with a certain sheriff in 1861 Wyoming. Rick will shortly have his story in Traveling Bride.

What genre does your book fall under?

Time Travel, western historical romance.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Hmmm…..Rick is kind of your Taylor Kitsch kind of guy. He’s a blond but Taylor could definitely carry off the part as a guy who has a great sense of humor but it hides a painful secret from his past. He’s also pretty set in his ways and very much a man – a lawman – of 1861.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Don’t let time or distance keep you from the one you love.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Neither – it will be (hopefully) published by Awe-struck (Mundania) which is where the first two books of the series are housed.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

That’s a kind of difficult question because I work a day job and have had several other books (World in Her Hands, Devil’s Details and With All Dispatch) released in between starting Traveling Bride and finishing it.  I do my research up front but there is always some minute detail that I stumble on that needs a bit of attention. 






What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Hmmm – I think pretty much any historical western romance.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

The characters.  Definitely the characters as they developed in the earlier stories.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

The reaction of the Parker Brothers’ wives to some of Samantha’s….friends…





Next week, on November 7, drop by my friend's blogs to see what is their next big thing!











 To win a copy of Devil's Details  leave a comment. 




 And next weekend Mel 


The Delicious Meloicious
will pick a winner!














2 comments:

  1. love the cover for the devil details, Regan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the book is very eye-catching. I hope we can become friends and I invite you to visit my blog: http://tiaera.blogspot.com
    Good luck with the holiday events and keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete